Sunday, March 21, 2021

Taking a Break

    Apologies for the lack of posts, gentle readers - your pal Chuck has been overwhelmed by some family issues (it's all good stuff, but very time-consuming), so I've had to take a bit of a break from the blog.

   I hope to get back to it soon - and welcome guest reviews, if anyone wants to contribute - but for now, the real world intrudes.

   A couple of quick comment / reviews to tide you over:

   - WandaVision was a lot of fun. Not perfect, but mighty close.

   - Zack Snyder's Justice League on HBO Max has been welcomed by many fans and is apparently better that the Whedon version of the film. I have no interest in devoting four hours to another grim DC film, no matter how sumptuous the visuals. It's a hard pass for me.

   - The new Justice League comic from Brian Michel Bendis is promising. So far.

   - Why are so many of Marvel's titles such grim slogs? Do the writers and editors not see the success of the films and their balance of humor, character and action?

   - Fire Power is an excellent series, well worth checking out.

   Let's be safe out there!

2 comments:

Billy Hogan said...

Up until recent months you could say the same about DC Comics for being so dark and grim, but with the firing of Dan Didio the editorial leadership seem to be changing course a bit. I can understand how real life can interfere, I'm facing the same thing with my Superman podcast. I'll continue checking your blog on a regular basis because I enjoy read it so much.

Dwayne said...

Glad to hear you're well!