Monday, September 3, 2018

Tank Girl All Stars #3

   
   When you read a Tank Girl comic, several descriptive words  come to mind.

   Rude. Violent. Funny. Zany. Explosive. Naughty. Did I say violent already?

   Of course, it's all in the service of humor and anarchy. 

   The opening story follows TG and her pals as they make their way to a friend's wedding and get sidetracked in a plot blatently stolen from the movie It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (How many time is "Mad" in the title? Wait, let me look. Four times, according to IMDb. Fixed it.)

   The art is almost surreal, but I'm a sucker for that movie, which I watch every time I fall across it, so I was "all in" on this story. 

   The second story borrows from the (inexplicably) popular zombie trend.  It's fast, it's fun, it features surprise guest stars and a cliffhanger ending.

   What more could you want? 

   Lots of violence? Covered.

Grade: B

--------------------

No comments: