Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Fighting American #4

   I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much with this series - for some reason, as much as it's beloved by long-time fans, Fighting American never really clicked for me.

   The humor always seemed a bit too heavy-handed, too rooted in its time.

   That's still the case with this new series devoted to the character, but the twist is that the heroes - FA and his kid sidekick, Speedboy - are transported to the present, pursuing their Communist enemies.

   That drops them in a strange new world, while the mastermind behind it all has a foot in each era - and our hero may be trapped in the present.

   It's wild, wacky and full of over-the-top action, some twists and lots of humor. And in the new setting, the humor works perfectly!

   What can I say? I was wrong - Fighting American is a lot of fun!

Grade: B+

--------------------

No comments: