Monday, August 7, 2017

Robotech #1

   I admit that I don't know much about Robotech, so I can't testify as to how faithful this new series is to the original.

   But I do like what I see here!

   The story revolves around a dramatic crash landing on Earth of a huge alien vehicle, which is studied for a decade as its secrets are unlocked and weapons are adapted.

   Just as the team of experts is about to test it for the first time, an swarm of alien invaders appear, and Earth's defenders have a very short time to get up to speed as they confront the strange invaders.

   It's a fast and furious tale by writer Brian Wood, with terrific, expressive artwork by Marco Turini.

   It's a bit of a rush, sorting out the characters involved, but the story's off to a quick start, and promises lots of high-tech action (and maybe even a smudge of romance.

   So far, so good!

Grade: A-

------------------

No comments: