Sunday, January 18, 2015

Badtgirl #38

   It's interesting to see a comic book that seems to be arguing that super-heroes are dangerous vigilantes who can't be trusted with the public safety.

   And then the story inside the comic goes about proving that same concept.

   This new Batgirl series is having fun with her impact on social media (which is not an area Batman would explore), but then it has her chasing a rather common criminal in a way that puts lots of people in jeopardy.

   So my point is, I'm not sure what this issue is trying to tell us - and the ending is a bit muddled (it's as if they ran out of pages before they finished telling their story).

   I'm liking this fun, fresh take on the character - though I'm not sure I understand it sometimes.

Grade: B-

---------------------

No comments: