Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary to the Comic of the Day!

Amazingly enough, it was two years ago today that I first started this blog! (Although to be fair, I didn't post my first review until the next day.)

It hasn't always been easy, but it's been a lot of fun. I'm surprised that I've managed to keep up the pace - I haven't missed a day yet, although there were quite a few close calls when I've been sent out of town unexpectedly for work.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who takes the time to check in and read along, with a special salute to those who send along comments - much appreciated, amigos! Our numbers keep going up, so we must be doing something right!

I have no plans to break my string at this point - I'm still having fun!

So keep tuning in, and please send along any suggestions - there's always room for improvement!

On to the next year!

11 comments:

Kyle said...

Holy Cow! Two years already? Congratulations Chuck!

Chuck said...

Thanks, Kyle!

BobbyNash said...

Wow! Two years already. Congratulations, Chuck.

Bobby

Dwayne said...

I read your blog daily and am impressed by how faithful you are in writing every day. I enjoy your takes on old and new comics, especially because we're about the same age. Keep up the good work!

Chuck said...

Bobby and Dwayne, thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!

Cephas said...

Congrats, Chuck! I too read you pretty much every day (and certainly every post!)...keep it up! I also think you should do a spoiler-unfree blog for all of us who don't want to read all these books but are curious about what's going on! :)

Chuck said...

Pete, thanks for the kind words! A spoiler-filled site, eh? Great idea, but it's all I can do to keep up with this one - Chuck's gotta sleep sometime! Maybe after I retire... but that's still a ways off, so don't hold your breath waiting!

Nate said...

Congrats!
One suggestion. I am a big fan of Batman Legends of the Dark Knight. Perhaps you could review it when you do a classic review. I just picked some more LOTDK issues this weekend, and they continue to impress me more and more.

Chuck said...

Nate, excellent suggestion - there were some great issues in that series. I'll dig into the vault and put one in the "to be reviewed" stack.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy my daily visit to your site, Chuck; thanks! And a tip of
the ten-gallon chapeau to Beau Smith, who recommended that I check you out all those many moons
ago!

Sam Kujava

Chuck said...

Thanks, Sam! But don't brag on Beau too much - he'll start to expect it!