Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Adventures of Archer and Armstrong #10

   Confession being good for the soul, I have to admit that I'm running behind on reading Archer and Armstrong - so I'm hitting this issue from the view of a new reader.

   Surprisingly, I didn't feel too lost - the story is pretty straightforward and easy to sort out.

   The comedy / adventure series centers on Archer, a teen martial artist / spiritualist who finds himself improbably teaming up with Armstrong, an immortal who devotes his long life to partying.

    The two are being tracked by some deadly (and definitely odd) bad guys, while they're trying to unlock the information trapped in the mind (such as it is) of someone - or something - called Gub Gub (who's identified in the comic as "your new favorite character" - that's just crazy enough to be true).

   It's all fast and furious and more than a bit silly - but it's all in good fun.

    As a fan of comics with a good sense of humor, I enjoyed this offbeat adventure - and I'm curious to see where it goes from here.

Grade: B

-----------------

No comments: