Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1


   I'm not a fan of comics restarting with a new issue #1, though I admit that - sometimes - I use that as a jumping-on point.

   (It is also true that I sometimes use it as a dropping-off point.)

   I've read the early issues of the modern version of Ms. Marvel, and I've enjoyed her appearances in The Champions, so I decided to give the new "Magnificent" first issue a shot.

   What you get here is a solid introduction to the character (including her efficient origin story), a few super-powered menaces to deal with, and a shocking new mystery.

   It's all handled with great economy and a minimum of wasted effort, and the art is dynamic - but I could have used some setup info and a few introductions (characters come and go without introduction - I guess I'm supposed to know who they are). 

   Overall, it's a good - though not great - (re)start to the series.

Grade: B

-------------------

No comments: