Friday, December 1, 2017

Star Wars Adventures #4

   I think it's great that this comic exists.

   Star Wars Adventures is aimed at young readers, and we need more comics for that market.

   Having said that, I have to admit it doesn't do much for me (but again, it's not aimed at me).

   The art is solid and the storytelling clear, but the story moves so slowly, with the usual decompressed style, it takes forever to get anywhere.

   I picked this up because of the cover and the promise of a "classic" Luke and Leia adventure, but it never quite comes together (or makes much sense, for that matter).

   There's a backup story that a brief bit of fun (although a dubious lesson about dealing with a bully).

   I suspect this will work better in a collection, and in any format it should be fun for young readers - but it needs an injection of energy and urgency.

Grade: B-

-------------------

No comments: