Sunday, October 23, 2016

Justice League #7

   There are comics that I really want to like because, well, I've always liked them.

   The Avengers, the Fantastic Four (where are you?), Green Lantern and the Flash are among the many titles on my list - and the Justice League is near the top of the list.

   Which is why it's annoying that I've been so disappointed with the latest (Rebirth) version of the team.

   It works on paper - the series is written by Bryan Hitch, who has been involved in terrific stories in the past. This story arc is drawn by Jesus Merino and Andy Owens, and it's strong, solid work.

    But the story just leaves me cold.

   It focuses on a strange attack by a mysterious creature that feeds on (or causes) intense fear. As a result, the members of the League are acting out of character - threatening each other, collapsing in fear, attacking a military base.

   Just why they're doing this is unclear, and it's frankly annoying to see heroes all acting in unheroic ways.

   I'm not quite ready to give up on this series yet - but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to say that.

Grade: B-

-----------------

No comments: