Friday, September 9, 2016

All-New, All-Different Avengers #14

   Have I mentioned that I love the Wasp?

   (Don't tell my wife.)

   I mean the original version, of course - Janet Van Dyne, the one-time partner of Ant-Man / Giant-Man / Goliath / Yellowjacket.

   One of only three original Marvel Age super-heroines (along with the Invisible Girl and Marvel Girl), the Wasp was a bright light - funny, light-hearted, always flirting, she provided a comical note to those early Avenger adventures.

   These days, in the pages of All-New, All-Different Avengers, you'll find two heroes carrying the name - Janet and (apparently) Hank Pym's daughter Nadia.

   The two embark on a slim adventure in this issue, which shows them confronting some particularly deadly immigration officials (honest!), and confronting the events in the Civil War, grim events that Nadia has trouble dealing with - so she decides to fix the problem.

   Nadia is growing on me, and if having her around means we'll get to see more of the original Wasp, then I'm all for it.

   Comics can always use more fun characters, after all!

Grade: A-

--------------------

No comments: