Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hitting a Milestone - Post #3000!

    It's one of those "Posts that only Chuck cares about," but I have to note that this is post #3,000 (!!) for Chuck's Comic of the Day!

   When I started this blog back on Sept. 10, 2008, it was sort of a lark - something I was trying for the fun of it. Everybody was writing blogs - why not me (I write professionally in the real world, after all). But could I write a review every day?

   Nope! Illness, real life, technical glitches and the occasional vacation have interfered, but I proud to say I have a pretty high percentage - thanks especially to my guest reviewers, who have stepped in to cover from time to time - and much appreciated!

   (If you'd like to write a guest review, just send it to the email address on the right side of the page. There's no money in it, but you'll get bragging rights!)

   I really wasn't sure how long I'd continue this effort, but it's actually been quite a bit of fun, and the readership continues to grow, so I plan to keep going for the foreseeable future!

   I just wanted to pause for a moment to thank you all, gentle readers, for following along. I enjoy your comments and I appreciate you making time to share the thoughts and memories that surround this unique corner of literature!

   On the the future!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!

Disneymarvel said...

Congratulations and thanks for all your postings, Chuck! Your site is one of the ones I most look forward to in my morning round of readings! I find that I agree with 90% of your reviews, so it's always a pleasure! Please continue for many more!

El Vox said...

Balloons & confetti time! Always fun visiting and reading your take on comics.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Chuck. We love ya!!
Here's a toast to 3,000 more.

--Bret

Kyle said...

Holy Cow Chuck! That is a huge milestone, Congratulations!

Billy Hogan said...

Congratulations! I read your blog every day.

Chuck said...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone - much appreciated!