Friday, March 27, 2015

New Avengers #32

   Hoo boy, am I running late this week - the real world has made blogging difficult, so for the next few days I'll be posting mini-reviews to get back on track. 

   We should be back to our normal efforts soon - thanks for your patience!

     What's not to like about a battle between the New Avengers team of gods and a mysterious (and possibly invincible) cosmic opponent?

   This issue absolutely kicks arse, in a Seven Samurai-style showdown at the edge of the universe.

   I commented recently that I wasn't crazy about Jonathan Hickman's take on Dr. Strange (everyone has a weak spot), but I love his take on Thor, who's been showing his true warrior potential in the series (unlike his own title, which has been taken over by an impostor).

   There's a scene in here that made me laugh out loud with pure delight. You'll know it when you see it. There are also grim, sad moments, and amazing art by Mike Deodato.

   Great, great comic!

Grade: A

-----------------------

No comments: