Monday, September 23, 2019

Spider-Man #1


   It's been a while since I picked up an issue of Spider-Man, but hearing that film director J.J. Abrams and his son Henry were tackling a mini-series starring that hero, I decided to give it a shot.

   And I'm mostly glad that I did. 

   This is an alternate universe version of Spider-man, with the story set partially in the present, with a brand-new menace and a tragic event that shakes our hero.

  The rest of the story takes us into the near-future, to see how that event changes lives.

   A lot of it is very compelling, though the "event" will be distasteful for long-time fans (at least it was for this fan).

   But the art by Sara Pichelli is tremendous and there's a lot of story still to be unpacked - so I have to recommend this series.

   So far.

Grade: A-

-------------------

No comments: