Friday, April 27, 2018

The Mighty Thor #706

   While I admit that I wasn't a fan of the idea of turning the name of Thor over to a female version of the character (no offense intended - I didn't like to when they gave it to a different guy, either), certainly writer Jason Aaron has provided an interesting story arc to Jane Foster's story.

   This issue of The Mighty Thor wraps up that story with the death of Jane / Thor (or is it?), and it's a touching, powerful tale of life and love and purpose.

   The art is by Russell Dauterman, who has created powerful visuals in service to this story, ranging from idyllic pastures to raging storms of anger and power.

    Look, I'm glad to see the real Thor return (his appearances in the recent films Ragnarok and Infinity War show the true potential of the hero), but I've enjoyed Jane's run in the title a lot more than I ever expected I would.

Grade: A

------------------

No comments: