Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Hey, how about that - today is the one-year anniversary for this humble blog.

I'm happy to report that we managed to keep to our goal of offering at least one comic book review every day in the part year!

There were a few close calls along the way (like the day I was sent out of town for a couple of days with no notice for my real-world job), but we somehow managed to meet that dreaded daily deadline. Special thanks to my lovely wife for her invaluable help and patience along the way!

Thanks to everyone out there for reading along, and special thanks to those who took the time to leave a comment or send in reviews - that makes it more fun for everyone!

Now we push on into Year Two, as we try to keep that string going!

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

-> Ray said...

I've been enjoying the ride. You've inspired me to add more comics to my reading schedule. I've been going through the old collection, and I've started re-reading a bunch of series such as "All-Star Squadron," "John Carter, Warlord of Mars," "Deadman," "Blackhawk," and "Doc Savage." Reading one issue of each series per week is a lot of fun, and not nearly so maddening as waiting a full month for the next issue.

BeauSmith said...

Happy Anniversary, Chuck. One year down and the rest of your life to go!

Beau Smith
The Flying Fist Ranch

Chuck said...

Ray, thanks! Your comment reminds me of being in college and having a roommate read a half-dozen issues of Jim Starlin's Capt. Marvel in a sitting - he frantically asked, "Where's the next issue?" I laughed and said, "You'll have to wait a month for it!"

Beau, thanks for all your support. Yeah, I just have to keep this up... for the rest of my life! (This must be how Atlas feels.) ;-)

Krod said...

I was under the impression this was a one year thing for some reason. I blame Beau.

But ever since Beau Smith mentioned you in his Busted Knuckles column I have read every one of your reviews. Since you're continuing I'll still be keeping up.

And I'll try to comment more, but no promises. Just know I'm reading. Congratulations.

Cephas said...

Congrats, Chuck! I read you just about every day. Great job.
Pete

Chuck said...

Krod, if I was smart I would have made this a one-year commitment. As Dad always said to me, "There you go thinking again." But I agree, the only solution is to blame it all on Beau.

Pete, thanks! All these kind words from everyone - it's enough to make me blush (luckily, no one can see it for my ever-whitening beard)!

Kyle said...

Congratulations on your first year Chuck!

Chuck said...

Kyle, thanks!

Evan Minsker said...

Hey, congrats on a great year!

Chuck said...

Thanks, Evan! And I appreciate the link on your excellent "Five Tunes" website - music fans, follow the link I've posted on the main page. You'll be glad you did!