Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Comics!

Hey, this is post #400 - and so far, no missed days. How about that?

Anyway, here's what I picked up today at the comic shop - a light week indeed:

- Wednesday Comics #7 - Still fun, but a real mixed bag.

- The Web #1 - I was never a big fan of these characters in the '60s or in their later versions, but I figured, what the heck.

- Power Girl #4 - Worth it just for Amanda Conner's art. (I know, I say that every month.)

- Justice League of America #36 - Stalling for time, but at least Len Wein is writing it!

- Daredevil #500 - This has been a strong series, and this issue sadly wraps up Ed Brubaker's run.

- Conan the Cimmerian #13 - The last chapter in the excellent Black Colossus adaptation.

And...

- Archie #600 - Set in the future, in which Archie proposes to Veronica. Gad, he's an idiot. If only I owned the first issue of Archie - I'd sell it out of anger (but mostly I'd sell it for the 30 grand).

Oh, and I picked up an action figure of Goodwin and Simonson's Manhunter, a character I've always liked.

No comments: