Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hey Kids, Comics!

Today's I picked up:

- Action Comics #871 - The "New Krypton" story continues, with some interesting twists along the way.

- Black Terror #1 - While I gave up on the Project: Superpowers comic, I've always liked the Black Terror, so I figured, what the heck.

- Booster Gold #14 - Still giving the new team a chance - so far, it's been ok.

- Fantastic Four: True Story #4 (of 4) - The wrap-up to this odd little mini-series.

- Ghostbusters: The Other Side #2 - The first issue was just "eh." Let's hope this one kicks it up a notch.

- Green Lantern Corps #30 - An excellent sidekick to the main title.

- Kingdom Come Special: Superman #1 (One Shot) - Alex Ross writes and draws this story, which ties directly into the original "Kingdom Come" story.

- Lost & Found #1 (One Shot) - I posted an early review of this comic here.

- Amazing Spider-Man #577 - Apparently this comic features the Punisher, but you'd never know it to look at him - the character as drawn looks nothing like Frank Castle.

- Trinity #24
- Almost halfway there.

I also picked up, on the recommendation of a reader, last week's:

- Storming Paradise #4 - Can't go wrong with Chuck Dixon and Butch Guice. I picked this up on the recommendation of the reader who goes by the name Krod. How have I missed this comic? As they say, I'm efforting the back issues.

Also, a preview of Marvel's upcoming adaptation of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which looks like a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on Storming Paradise. Too bad you don't have 1-3 yet.

Chuck said...

Better late than never! My comics shop owner says he can track the other issues down, so hopefully I'll have the rest by next week. Thanks again for the recommendation!