Saturday, September 7, 2019

Doomsday Clock #11 (of 12)


   My feelings about Doomsday Clock continue to be... ambivalent.

   The art and the execution are, as always, exceptional. As an homage to the original Watchmen series, it works really well.

   But I can't help but feel that it's damaging to the DC Universe.

   It's a dark tale that drags down DC's icons - Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman - and makes the villains even more dark and terrifying.

   It builds nicely and finally gives us the confrontation we've been waiting for since this series began - and I'm certainly anxious to see where the story goes from here.

   But it feels like a step backward for the company - back into the "grim and gritty" days of yore.

   I'm probably being overly critical - and certainly the next issue (whenever it arrives) will tell the tale.

Grade: B+

------------------

   

1 comment:

Mr. Brooks said...

It has the smell of Dan "I HATE The TITANS/LOVE MISERABLE HEROES/DC 52" Didio.