Friday, November 2, 2018

West Coast Avengers #3


   I really want to like this series. I was a fan of the original incarnation, but they're not making it easy here.

   A lot of that is because the West Coast Avengers - so far - are not a great team.

   We have two Hawkeyes - both characters I like - but which one is the leader? It has America, a great character who provides much-needed muscle and a personality.

   Then there's Kid Omega (Quentin Quire), a telepath / mutant who's there to provide, I don't know, attitude?

   Gwenpool is the crazy kidder of the team (does it need more comic relief, given that it has the two Hawkeyes already?), and Fuse is, well, a bit of an enigma so far.

   It's a really odd mix, and it hasn't jelled at all - also not helped by the odd opponent they face (known as B.R.O.D.O.K., and no, I'm not kidding) who has unleashed destructive giants on Santa Monica.

   I liked the Hawkeye comic that this spins out of, but I'm hoping they can get this sorted out quickly - so far, it just isn't working for me.

Grade: B-

--------------------- 

   

No comments: