Friday, April 5, 2013

Indestructible Hulk #6

In Professional Wrestling, any pro worth his salt knows how to get an easy "pop" (cheer) out of the crowd. The usual method is to say, "It's great to be back here in (name of city)."

As a complete pro (and an outstanding writer), Mark Waid also knows how to make his readership happy.

When teamed with legendary artist Walt Simonson on the Indestructible Hulk, Waid writes a story to warm the heart of any longtime fan: he sends Bruce Banner into Asgard and into danger, where he can team up with The Mighty Thor.

(For those young'uns out there who don't know, Simonson had a long, outstanding run on Thor's comic, creating some of the most memorable and entertaining stories ever.)

But it's not just any Thor - it's the classic version, with the Kirby costume and the dialogue with lots of "thees" and "thous."

It's all a bit silly, but it's a heck of a lot of fun, and the ending should be a surprise to anyone who saw The Avengers movie.

This has been a terrific series under Waid - highly recommended!

Grade: A-

-------------

2 comments:

El Vox said...

Yeah, I picked the first two but I'm behind in all my comic reading, looking forward to this one though.

Chuck said...

I share your pain! I've made some inroads of late into the stack o' comics I have waiting, but I still have a ways to go.